Wondering how to make a business website by yourself? Thankfully, you no longer need to hire professional web developers to build a website.
In fact, you don’t even need any coding knowledge to do so. These days, there are a number of business website builders available that are affordable and easy to use.
With so many options, confusion is only natural. Here we have curated some of the best website builders for business, brand portfolios, bloggers and freelancers.
Top 10 Website Builders For Business
A cloud platform that helps you build your own customized site without any coding knowledge. Wix is one of thebest free website builders with drag and drop functionality. The platform is best suited for small businesses, restaurants, bloggers, artists, and online stores. It has a free account option, offers online data storage, and has a range of third party app integration. It has a clean and intuitive interface coupled with a responsive design optimized for mobile devices.
- Most affordable website builder for small business
- Drag and drop website building
- Lots of visually stunning templates
- Third-party integration and SEO optimized pages
- Responsive design optimized for mobile devices
- Custom domain and business email
- Intuitive interface – no coding knowledge required
- Automatic site backup
- Very less downtime, excellent customer support, and security
A website builder with drag and drop functionality. Weebly is hands-down one of the easiest platforms in the market. It currently offers two editors to build a site – the Weebly editor and the Square editor. The Square editor supports ecommerce site creation while the Weebly editor is best suited for non-commerce sites. The app centre lets you install different functionalities to your site. Although themes and color options are limited, it comes with a free plan that is ideal for small businesses.
- One of the easiest drag and drop website builder
- Responsive themes adapted for mobile devices
- Additional third-party apps in the App Center
- SEO guides and resources in their Help and Support center
- Fast loading sites, optimum security
- Email support for free accounts
- Email, chat, and phone support for paid accounts
A hosted solution that lets you build a professional website in a jiffy. The platform is best suited for small businesses, a portfolio website, or a personal blog. Although not the easiest website builder in the market, it offers tons of features that make it one of the top choices. Squarespace comes packed with loads of minimalist template designs that are optimized for pcs, tablets, and mobile devices. You can also create email marketing campaigns, Instagram stories and schedule your workflow within the platform.
- Drag and drop visual website builder
- Minimalistic templates
- Responsive design optimized for tablets, PCs, and mobile
- Free domain with an annual plan for the first year
- Free SSL certificate
- Restore deleted posts and pages up to 30 days
- Event planning and scheduling
- The mobile app lets you edit and manage pages on the go
- SEO optimized pages and social media integration
Jimdo offers one of the cheapest options to build an ad-free website. Suitable to create portfolio sites, ecommerce websites, and blogs, it offers design templates tailored to each industry. There are two ways to create a website here – Jimdo Creator and Jimdo Dolphin. The platform comes with built-in SEO tools, POWr plugins, and ecommerce tools.
- Free custom domain for a year with paid plans
- POWr plugins for a range of customization
- Multiple payment options
- No transaction fee
- Professional logo creator
- Standard SSL encryption
- Site stats
Now you can create a website in three simple steps by answering just a few questions. SITE123 offers customized templates tailored to your needs, with responsive designs for both desktop and mobiles. The interface is fast and easy to set up and comes with 24/7 customer support. Although design functionalities are somewhat limited, it offers a free plan with access to all features. Best suited for small businesses, brand portfolios, and even online stores with less than 10 products.
- 180+ templates
- Responsive design optimized for web and mobile
- Analytics tool, Webmaster tool, and Marketing tool
- No sales commission for ecommerce sites
- Zendesk and Facebook chat for customer support
- Display your site in upto 5 languages (out of 100 options)
- 24/7 technical support through email and chat
Perhaps one of the top website builders for small businesses. With this platform, building an ecommerce store is as easy as a walk in the park. The platform is totally scalable according to your business size and comes loaded with features and apps. Its Sales Tool includes multi-channel integration, 100+ payment gateway and abandoned cart recovery. The platform also has a great inventory management system, dropshipping option, and a POS app that’s free to install.
- Over 1200 apps in its App store
- Fully scalable according to business size
- Cart recovery
- Multi-channel integration
- Multi-channel retailing
- Highly engaged community support
- Free POS app for paid users
A Content Management System that also allows you to build powerful applications online. The open-source script is perfect for programmers to create amazing websites. With a plethora of plugins and extensions, it is a good choice for bloggers, publishers and small businesses.
- Free open-source software
- SEO optimization tools
- Create PHP applications
- Content syndication, monetization, contact forms, newsfeed
- Lots of plugins and external extensions
- Fully customizable and responsive templates
- User Registration
- Robust customer support
A point-and-click website builder that helps you create business websites, personal websites, and even ecommerce sites. It allows you to use a free custom domain under its paid plan for the first year, or use a subdomain absolutely free. Webnode offers a reliable hosting solution with fast and secure page loading. It even allows restoring previous versions of your site anytime you need.
- Ad-free platform, even for subdomain sites
- Great SEO tools, templates
- 24 language options
- Responsive design, site-editing on a mobile device
- Unlimited number of pages with free plan
- Free custom domain for a year underpaid plan
- Business emails
- Video background
- Membership registration to your site
- Google Analytics tool integrated
- Inventory management
- Comes with an SSL certificate
It is a comprehensive publishing platform that is a great alternative to WordPress. Although it needs basic coding skills, it comes power-packed with a range of features. It combines social media integration, SEO tools, customizable design templates and monetization options. With flexible pricing plans, it is best suited for membership and publication business.
- Open-source blogging platform
- Customizable templates
- Blog monetization
- Social media integration
- SEO tools
A SaaS platform that offers drag-n-drop functionality to create customized sites in a jiffy. It includes a highly intuitive interface with responsive templates and a custom widget tool. Their website personalization tool lets you send tailored offers to your visitors. So now you can customize offers based on each visitor’s location and search history.
- Tons of apps and widgets
- Responsive design optimized for desktop, tablet and mobile
- Build custom widget
- 30+ payment gateways
- Automatic tax calculator
- Multi-lingual site
- Website personalization tool
- Email integration
- Analytics tool and marketing tool
Which Is The Best Website Builder For You?
If you are looking to create a strong digital presence, building a website is the first step towards that direction. By now you must know how to create a website for business.
With so many website builders in the market, creating your own site has never been so easy.
Although there are several small business website builder platforms, look at your business goals to choose one that caters to your needs.
The best website builder for your business is the one that is affordable, scalable and provides the best value for your money.
If you are just starting out, it’s better to go for a free plan before upgrading to premium ones. Opt for a platform that complements your skillset and offers robust data security.