This article explains the process to transfer your domain to Bluehost so there aren’t any surprises along the way.
Prepare your current domain:
- Disable privacy of your current hostinger account.
- Unlock the domain and obtain the EPP code.
- This EPP code contain letters, numbers and special characters.
Before this your domain must be 60 days old.
Initiate the transfer:
- Access the Bluehost account.
- In domain manager, click ‘transfer’
- Enter the domain you want to transfer.
- Bluehost will check the status of your domain to transfer.
- If it is not approved, Enter the auth code and click ‘continue.’
- Next, we have emailed the admin verification code to the registrant.
- Enter that code and click ‘continue’ and set your renewal preference.
- Finally, check the box agreeing to the terms & service then click add to cart.
- ICANN requires the gaining registrar to renew the domain for one year upon transfer which you will see in the shopping cart. Process the payment to initiate the transfer
It can take Upto five days for a domain transfer to complete.